It’s spring and peak season for Asparagus, can be found in abundance in the farmer’s markets. I picked up a bunch to make this delectable, luxurious, and heart warming soup – perfect for the evenings which still have the chill in the air.
First time, I had this soup was several years ago and since then became a big fan of it. Prior to that, all I did with Asparagus was to saute them in garlic or soy sauce – I will blog this recipe too in future, for now let’s get on with this gluten free, dairy free soup recipe.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small red onion
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil of your choice (I use Rice bran oil)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Into a pan, add oil and toss in the vegetables.
- Saute until tender, with a lid covered.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, water, salt, and pepper until heated.
- Mix the arrowroot into a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Turn the heat down low and slowly add the arrowroot/water mixture while stirring continuously until it begins to thicken.
- Put everything in a blender or Vitamix and serve.